[mod_python] Help with mod_python, mod_proxy & cookies

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Jan 24 19:45:19 EST 2007

Marc Boorshtein wrote ..
> Thanks again for your help.  I've got two last questions:
>
> 1. when is 3.3 estimated to go gold?

There hasn't been a single complaint about 3.3.0b since it was released back
before Christmas. I don't know whether this is because no one is using it, or
because it is working out to be so good. The only thing probably stopping it
from being released as non beta is apathy on our part. ;-)

> 2. do you have any notion of how much overhead mod_python would add to
> a regular reverse proxy?

It wouldn't be much as the fixuphandler is called only once per request and
even the output filter is only called once with the output filter not actually
process the body of the response at all, just fiddling the headers and then
stepping out of the way. Only your own testing will indicate for sure what
the overhead will be.