[mod_python] changing publisher `content' before sent to client

Jaime Wyant programmer.py at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 12:20:50 EST 2007

Hi all.  I was not sure of a good subject, but I think this is close.  Here
is what I want to do:

* Use publisher handler.
* "Grab" data before it is sent to the client, perform some `string
substitution' , send modified string / data onto the client.

I made a copy of publisher.py and now use a modified version which performs
the necessary string changes before doing req.write.  But, I can't help but
think that there is a cleaner way to do this.  Is there a `better' way?

Thanks!
jw
--
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them."
Ronald Reagan