[mod_python] 0-byte PSP?

Christopher Hiller chris at tarot.com
Fri Jan 5 19:54:58 EST 2007

Hi, I'm trying to get PSP working, but I'm having trouble.

This is my configuration:

Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2 mod_python/3.2.10 Python/2.4.4
PHP/5.2.0-8

I'm using the code near the bottom under 'using PSP as a template mechanism'
on this page: http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/pyapi-psp.html.
The code:

----
from mod_python import apache, psp

def handler(req):
    template = psp.PSP(req, filename='template.html')
    template.run({'what':'world'})
    return apache.OK
----

and the template:
----

  <!-- This is a simple psp template called template.html -->
  <h1>Hello, <%=what%>!</h1>

----

My PythonHandler is 'arie' (arie.py) and my template is 'template.html'.
PythonDebug is ON.

However, when I hit my web server, I get a 0-byte file.  Empty.  Absolutely
nothing.  It seems to fail silently.  My error_log gives:

[Fri Jan 05 16:44:13 2007] [notice] mod_python: (Re)importing module 'arie'

So I know *something* is working, but I have no further information.  The
mod_python.publisher handler seems to work OK, and I'd like to eventually
use PSP and Publisher in tandem, but I can't seem to get this (or the
psp_site example) working at all.

Anyone have any insight?  Point me in the right direction?  thanks.

Chris