[mod_python] Multiple functions

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris gwidion at mpc.com.br
Sun Feb 25 01:05:12 EST 2007

On Saturday 24 February 2007 16:55, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 11:50:22AM -0800, Peter Sanchez wrote:
> > Currently I have 90% of the code in a single index.py file. All
> > "web" end functions reside there. I assume it would be faster to
> > have a browse.py instead of a browse() function in index.py. Is
> > this thinking correct? My logic is the engine will just need to
> > read the browse function instead of the entire index.py file,
> > then use the browse only function.
>
> I would think that since Apache is capable of caching, this may not
> help as much as you think.  What version of Apache is this using?

Actually, after the first request for each apache proccess, all your
python code will be inside the python interpreter alrady. Each method
compiled, stored in RAM, ready to give you results whenever needed in
minimal time.

Splitting the app at this point should not help you much. :-/

regards,

	js
	-><-