[mod_python] Problem with .psp_

Charles Perreault muganor at videotron.ca
Fri Dec 21 01:10:09 EST 2007

> I really don't think it's a problem with mod_python. The way I
> understand it, with MultiViews on apache selects the content handler
> *after* it's made it's best attempt at a file match. As test.psp_
> doesn't exist apache needs to read the directory but it is prevented
> from doing so because of your directory permissions, so it generates a
> 403 error and returns. Mod_python (or any other handler) never gets a look.
>
> Either turn Multiviews off or change your directory permissions to allow
> apache to read the directory.
>
> Jim

And you are absolutely right!  MultiViews prevented mod_python to look
at the request, and turning MultiViews off solved the problem (I
should've disabled it long ago... if I wasn't so lazy).  I knew there
was something wrong in my apache config (I patched the default from
Ubuntu), I never thought it was a problem with mod_python itself.

Thanks a lot,

Charles