[mod_python] getting Windows username (REMOTE_USER)

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 21:42:36 EST 2007

I am not a Windows person, but as much as I understand it, I believe
you need mod_sspi installed and configured. See:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mod-auth-sspi/
  http://www.gknw.net/docu/ntlmsspi/mod_auth_sspi/

This should allow Apache authentication against a Windows domain to be
done transparently between IE and Apache without popup windows
requiring explicit password entry. In this circumstance, your client
machine user then should somehow be reflected in the req.user
attribute if mod_sspi does the right thing and sets it.

Graham