[mod_python] Distinguishing uploaded files from POST form data

Bart scarfboy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 08:45:35 EST 2007

As I recall, files are just one type thing you can store in POST data.
The distinction is made in parsing, so yes, pretty much anything
makes that distinction.
PHP apparently chooses to put them in separate variables, while
(mod_)python doesn't, and you have to test what each member is
an instantiation of, mod_python.util.Field (a file) or StringField (a string).

You can likely imitate that for tests.
...though I get the impression I'm not answering the question you actually had.

--Bart