[mod_python] getting Windows username (REMOTE_USER)

Brett Dixon drunkirishmic420 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 8 22:04:21 EST 2007

I'm not sure if this is a mod_python specific question or if it should be asked on the apache list.  But is there any way to get the username of the currently logged in user from Windows.  In PHP you could just snag REMOTE_USER or AUTH_USER.  I guess I'm just not sure how to get this info or if i need to run another module in order for this information to be available.

Thanks