[mod_python] libapache2-mod-python error

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 18:18:58 EDT 2007

On 22/08/07, Tomasz Woźniak <wozniak.tomasz.84 at wp.pl> wrote:
> Please help me:
> I tried to install apache with mod_python in the Ubuntu. I have done it,
> but instructions in the manual, and wikipedia doesn't work ( I cannot
> run python from the url). Then I tried a lot of things. The last one
> were:
> sudo aptitude install python
> sudo aptitude install libapache2-mod-python
> sudo gedit /etc/apache2/mods-available/mod_python.conf
>   AddType application/x-httpd-python .py

What documentation says that 'application/x-httpd-python' is a valid
value for AddType to get mod_python to work? No such thing is
supported by mod_python. That you have defined this may well be
screwing up AddHandler directive.

To start with, very much suggest you do not try and use publisher and
try basic 'mptest' style example per documentation. Also try doing it
through .htaccess file first per instructions at:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/GettingModPythonWorking

Take note of the list of information which would be useful to use in
working out what you are doing wrong if it still doesn't work. It
isn't enough to say it doesn't work. Need to know what configuration
and URL you are using, the error the browser is giving you and what
errors may appear in Apache error logs.

Graham