[mod_python] Python 3.0/Guido and mod_python.

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 07:39:28 EDT 2007

I'm too lazy to read and understand what the discussion is all about,
but Guido makes reference to mod_python in a discussion about some
extensions to Python 3.0 which if done would make it impossible to run
mod_python with Python 3.0. The discussions are at:

http://groups.google.com/group/Numpy-discussion/browse_thread/thread/e3dac7bd178c9b6d/4c8c70ceadbaa2bd?lnk=st&q=mod_python&rnum=10#4c8c70ceadbaa2bd

An interesting quote from Guido is:

"""I would like to let users modify the built-ins, but such changes
ought to be isolated from other interpreters running in the same
address space. I don't want to be the one to tell the mod_python
community they won't be able to upgrade to 3.0... """

We will have to see what happens.