[mod_python] Supported Python version

Graham Dumpleton graham.dumpleton at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 20:32:40 EDT 2007

On 15/04/07, Christophe C. T. <wg at codingz.info> wrote:

> Sorry for that but I have a a "silly" question, modpython doesn't works with
> Python >2.3 ?
> When I install with the last python's version its say that python is not
> installed so I have uninstall them and install an older version of Python
> (2.3) and works fine!

FYI, mod_python works fine with Python 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5.

Are you compiling from source code or using prepackage binaries?

Which operating system are you using?

Do you have multiple versions of Apache and/or Python installed on your system?

What are the error messages you get in the Apache error log?

Have you tried working through steps listed in:

  http://www.dscpl.com.au/wiki/ModPython/Articles/GettingModPythonWorking

to determine if the Python components of mod_python are installed
correctly and which version is installed?