[mod_python] compiling on solaris 9?

John_Nowlan john_nowlan at carleton.ca
Mon Apr 9 13:33:28 EDT 2007

Looks like the source of my problem was incorrectly building python

with: --with-shared (silently ignored, if my understanding is correct)
when it should have been: --enable-shared

rebuilding corrected - and built libpython.so.
Thanks.

Can anyone recommend good reading for understanding ./configure options? Is this output from autoconf? and does reading up on autoconf explain .configure options?