[mod_python] mod_python install fails

Brian McCann Brian.McCann at viziant.net
Wed Apr 4 07:58:54 EDT 2007

Hi Graham,

I made the change you suggested in configure but get the following errors in bold  below
any ideas?
Thanks,
Brian
[root at sirius1 mod_python-3.3.1]# ./configure --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.3 --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs2 --with-flex=/usr/bin/flex
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking your blood pressure... a bit high, but we can proceed
configure: checking whether apxs is available...
checking for --with-apxs... /usr/sbin/apxs2 executable, good
checking Apache version... apxs:Error: /usr/sbin/httpd2 not found or not executable.
apxs:Error: /usr/sbin/httpd2 not found or not executable.
./configure: line 2713: /: is a directory
configure: error: This version of mod_python only works with Apache 2. The one you have seems to be .
[root at sirius1 mod_python-3.3.1]#
<mailto:brian.mccann at viziant.net>