[mod_python] mod_python install fails

Brian McCann Brian.McCann at viziant.net
Wed Apr 4 00:31:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to install mod_python on a RedHat4 enterprise server which has CollabNets's
SVN runing with apache 2.2.3 installed I'm getting the following errors.
any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Brian

I ran config,make,make install, but get the errors below when I try to restart apache, here is the full out put from config, as you can see there a a few problems
1. I point to apxs2 but the config script ignores and uses apxs
2. config uses apache 2.0.52 but should be using the one installed with CollabNetSVN 2.2.3
I also put the apache restart error at the bottom of this comment
Thanks,
Brian
[root at sirius1 mod_python-3.3.1]# ./configure --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.3 --with-apxs2=/usr/sbi
n/apxs2 --with-flex=/usr/bin/flex
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ar... ar
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking your blood pressure... a bit high, but we can proceed
configure: checking whether apxs is available...
checking for --with-apxs... no
checking for apxs in /usr/local/apache/sbin... no
checking for apxs in your PATH... checking for apxs... /usr/sbin/apxs
found /usr/sbin/apxs, we'll use this. Use --with-apxs to specify another.
checking Apache version... 2.0.52
checking for Apache libexec directory... /usr/lib/httpd/modules
checking for Apache include directory... -I/usr/include/httpd
checking for --with-python... /usr/bin/python2.3
checking Python version... 2.3
checking Python install prefix... /usr
checking checking where python libraries are installed... /usr/lib/python2.3
checking for Py_NewInterpreter in -lpython2.3... yes
checking what libraries Python was linked with... -lpython2.3 -lpthread -ldl -lutil -lm
checking linker flags used to link Python...
checking where Python include files are... -I/usr/include/python2.3
checking for --with-python-src... no
checking for --with-mutex-dir... no
Using MUTEX_DIR /tmp
checking for --with-max-locks... no
Using 8 MAX_LOCKS.
checking for --with-flex... /usr/bin/flex
found /usr/bin/flex, we'll use this. Use --with-flex to specify another.
checking flex version... configure: WARNING: Flex version 2.5.4 found.
Version 2.5.31 or greater is required. You can generally ignore this
warning unless you need to regenerate psp_parser.c from psp_parse.l.
If you do need regenerate psp_parser.c, use --with-flex to specify the
location of the correct flex version. See the README for more information.
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating Doc/Makefile
config.status: creating src/include/mod_python.h
config.status: creating test/Makefile
config.status: creating test/testconf.py
config.status: creating dist/setup.py
config.status: creating dist/Makefile
[root at sirius1 mod_python-3.3.1]#
Apache restart error
[root at sirius1 bin]# apachectl restart
httpd: Syntax error on line 55 of /etc/opt/CollabNet_Subversion/conf/httpd.conf: API module structure `python_module' in file /usr/lib/httpd/modules/m
od_python.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?