[mod_python] Persist database conn, or pers. variables - where I put them ?

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Sep 27 09:55:27 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 09:16, Fredrik Sandin wrote:
> I asked the same question some time ago:
> http://modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2006-August/021924.html
> Graham Dumpleton suggested to use XML-RPC.
>
> As far as I have understood mod_python, or actually Apache, was
> not designed to allow for object persistency.

Is this actually true (at least the Apache part)?  Under mod_perl (I'm a
mod_python total newbie), object persistence can be accomplished in several
ways including global variables that remain in shared memory (but this is
only within a single child), a database, in an in-memory or on-disk cache, or
in a session (just an interface to a cache or database).  Depends on your
definition, but Apache, it seems to me, is absolutely suited to allow object
persistence.

Sean