[mod_python] Very odd behavior using mysqldb

Jim Gallacher jpg at jgassociates.ca
Sat Sep 16 14:05:56 EDT 2006

Eric Brunson wrote:
> I've been working on a project using mod_python to access a mysql
> database using the MySQLdb API.  I know mod_python is still considered
> beta under Apache 2

In my previous reply I forgot to correct the factual error above.
Mod_python is *not* considered beta under apache 2. In fact mod_python
version 3.0 and above *only* runs on apache 2.

If you are referring to Apache 2.2, then there was a small change in the
apache APR which broke mod_python. This was fixed in mod_python 3.2.10,
the current stable version. For the gory details see:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-78

We don't yet support some of the nifty new features introduced in Apache
2.2, but that does not mean that 3.2.10 is a beta release.

Jim