[mod_python] [SPAM] hello world program problems

Mary Jane Boholst Mary.Boholst at iop.kcl.ac.uk
Tue Sep 12 09:13:48 EDT 2006

Jim Gallacher wrote:
> Please don't send HTML messages to the list.
>
> Mary Jane Boholst wrote:
>
>> Hi,<br>
>> mod_python does show in the apache error.log.<br>
>> I am using the httpd.conf file to configure the mod_python handler.
>
> Are you sure? There was no such configuration in the httpd.conf file
> attached to your original message. Perhaps you could send the snippet
> containing that part again (not the whole httpd.conf).
>
> Jim
Hi again,
Sorry about the html. The python handler snippet is as on the
http://modpythin.org/live/current/doc-html/inst-testing.html:
LoadModule python_module /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod-python.so
<Directory /srv/www/htdocs/test>
    AddHandler mod_python .py
    PythonHandler mptest
    PythonDebug on
</Directory>
The only other thing that I can think that could be a problem is that I
used the command apt-get install apache2-mod_python which perhaps
dowloaded and installed a different package? Maybe I am just clutching
at straws.
Thanks again.
MJ