[mod_python] crash with apache 2.2.3

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Sun Sep 10 18:22:14 EDT 2006

dummy at habmalnefrage.de wrote ..
> Hi all,
>
> I have build apache 2.2.3 and mod_python 3.2.10 from suse src rpms and
> after calling the first python programm the server crashed with the debug
> output attached below.
>
> If I compile apache 2.2.3 and mod_python vanilla plain with simple configure/make/make
> install the server works fine and didn't crash.
>
> Can anybody take the debug output and interpret why the server crashed

Debugger output doesn't particularly help much.

My first thought though is whether the version of mod_python was actually
built for that version of Apache and Apache runtime libraries. Second thought
is whether there is a mix of packages being used which do and don't support
64 bit.

BTW, how simple was your mod_python test handler, was it a really basic hello
world or something else?