[mod_python] python web site not responding

Trevis Rothwell tjr at acm.org
Tue Sep 5 22:10:18 EDT 2006

Hi!

I've done some Google searching on this topic, but am not entirely
sure what terms to search for, so please accept the usual apology if
this is covered somewhere that I haven't seen yet.  :-)

I run my personal web site as a series of Python scripts and PSP
pages, using mod_python, and it all works great.  I'm now working on
building an online community website using Python/mod_python, and am
finding that pages often don't load, with the browser going into an
indefinite wait state.

I've looked around and don't see any obviously offensive code (e.g.,
infinite loops, etc.).

It seems that if I restart Apache, then the site responds well for a
short time of use, and then sails off into never-never land again.

Any ideas?  Any where in particular to look at for debug info here?

Thanks!

 -- Trevis Rothwell