[mod_python] Mod-Python Help

Ethan Toan Ton ethanton at ethanton.com
Mon Sep 4 14:15:08 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to be asking for help with
Mod-Python, but I figure I'd give it a shot.  I was wondering if anyone
had experience using a Mod-Python request handler to answer a javascript
xmlhttprequest().

When my javascript program does a request on the xml file directly, all of
the javascript parsing of the xml works fine.  However, when I try to call
the request handler and get it to read the file in and return the request,
the javascript can't parse the xml.  Here's the code:

LOCAL_FILE = 'htdocs/ethan/info.xml';

def get_request(req):
	if req.method == 'GET':
		file = open(LOCAL_FILE, 'r')
		req.content_type = "application/xml"
		req.write(file.read())
	return apache.OK

The same data is sent, but I'm not sure if there is a formatting problem
here.  I'm assuming that's the problem, but I'm at a loss as to the
solution.  req.sendfile(LOCAL_FILE) does not work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ethan