[mod_python] Compiling mod_python HP-UX

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Oct 24 18:00:16 EDT 2006

Buehre, Joseph R wrote ..
> Has anyone sucessfully compiled mod_python on HP-UX with apache 2.0 and
> the last release of mod_python. My compile comes out with no errors but
> does not create the mod_python.so file.

It has been noted that although sometimes a .so isn't generated and errors are
generated, but the build process still continues. Because the creation of the
.so is not the last thing in the build, the actual error messages can be buried
in the middle of the build output. Thus, make sure you go back through the
whole build output looking for anything that looks like an error or warning,
don't expect that it will be at the end and that the build will stop with an
error.

Also trying going:

  cd src
  make dso

What is the output you get from doing just that?