[mod_python] ReportLab integration

Jim Steil jim at qlf.com
Mon Oct 16 15:15:53 EDT 2006

It runs my script, but doesn't go anywhere when it is done.  The code looks
like this:

---------------------
# Create the document.
reportPeriod = 'Report for the Month of %s %s' % (months[reportMonth],
reportYear)
output = StringIO.StringIO()
doc = SimpleDocTemplate(output, pagesize=landscape(letter))
doc.m = reportPeriod
go(doc, reportMonth, reportYear)
# Return the rendered page content.
content = output.getvalue()

req.content_type = "application/pdf"
req.headers_out['Content-Length'] = str(len(content))

# Internet Explorer chokes on this with PDFs.
#req.headers_out['Pragma'] = 'no-cache'
#req.headers_out['Cache-Control'] = 'no-cache'
#req.headers_out['Expires'] = '-1'

req.send_http_header()
req.write(content)
return apache.OK

This works fine in Firefox, but doesn't do anything in IE.  The comment in
the code about Internet Explorer choking was there in Grahams example.

I looked at the link you provided, but it seems to speak about doing a Save
As when you display the content.  That is not what I'm trying to accomplish.
I want the pdf to come back to the screen, but have it come back with a
name.

      -Jim