[mod_python] webinterface for a local telnet server

Andreas Klauer Andreas.Klauer at metamorpher.de
Fri Oct 6 12:46:03 EDT 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 12:14:43PM -0400, Jorey Bump wrote:
> I think the problem is outside of apache/mod_python. Similar work has
> been done to develop IMAP proxies to reduce load caused by webmail
> opening a new connection to the IMAP server for every click. You might
> want to start there for examples.

That's just it. There would be no need for an additional daemon, if I
could just select the correct thread. A mod_python script by itself
holds up a telnet connection just fine. No additional work would be
required in my situation if it were not for threads (or lack of thread
control for that matter).

Instead of opening a telnet connection in a mod_python script directly,
I now have to use an independent daemon, with additional connections to
every mod_python thread, and I also have to encapsulate each query into
a separate protocol. If that does not add unnecessary load, I don't
know what does.

But I guess for that I'd have to talk to the Apache folks wether it is
not possible to give modules (and therefore users) more control over
what is done in which threads.

Regards
Andreas Klauer