[mod_python] webinterface for a local telnet server

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Oct 6 10:12:30 EDT 2006

On Friday 06 October 2006 09:49, Andreas Klauer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 09:21:18AM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
> > Could you put in a persistent backend daemon that your mod_python
> > processes can talk to, which knows the mapping from user to connection?
>
> I can, but what would be the least complicated way to do so?
>
> The only solution I have so far is quite complicated, a daemon that opens
> one connection per user / session to the telnet server, and accepts one
> connection per mod_python thread. For the daemon<->python connections I
> would have to implement some kind of a protocol that allows sharing the
> connection for all users. Alternative would be to use one connection per
> user per thread to the daemon. Either way it is a lot of overhead.

I would think that each user would have a telnet connection.  Each mod_python
process would then contact the daemon with some ID for the user on that
process and the daemon would then provide the glue from the constantly
shifting mod_python processes and the maintained telnet connection for that
user.  I don't know what that daemon would look like, but it seems like it
would actually minimize overhead, rather than maximize it, as the number of
connections to mod_python and that to the telnet server are then independent
and can be minimized independently, if necessary.

Sean