[mod_python] fedora vs ubuntu

marinus van aswegen mvanaswegen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 15:46:16 EDT 2006

Hi All

Let me pull this thread together. I had a working Apache2/mod_python setup
on Ubuntu.
Mod_python was setup so that I could call my python ap url/app/func
all worked fine until i moved my app to fedora. i just got the app
working again but apache wont serve any other files like images now.
will hit the faq when i get home later.

<SNIP>

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "/opt/www"
    ServerName www.test.co.za
    DirectoryIndex index.html

</VirtualHost>

# Virtual host Virtual Host 0
<VirtualHost *:443>
     DocumentRoot "/opt/www"
     ServerName www.test.co.za

    DirectoryIndex index.html

     SSLEngine on
     SSLCertificateFile /keys/server.crt
     SSLCertificateKeyFile /keys/server.key

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "/opt/www.telic.co.za"
    ServerName www.telic.co.za
</VirtualHost>

<Directory "/">
        Options FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory "/opt/www">
     # extend the pathon path so our python modules can be loaded
    PythonPath "['/opt/www'] + sys.path"

    # set the handler to mod_python + publisher so we can call url/python
    SetHandler mod_python

    PythonHandler mod_python.publisher

    PythonDebug On

    # do not permit access to compiled python code
        <Files *.pyc>
            deny from all
        </Files>

</Directory>