[mod_python] Profiling mod_python

Colin Bean ccbean at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 14:35:27 EST 2006

Hi Lars,

I've never used psyco, but after a quick look at the documentation it
looks like "profiling" under psyco analyzes the code and creates and
optimized/compiled version.  Is this what you need to do?

If you're only interested in profiling as in seeing how much time each
function takes, you can use the python profile module, and create a
new handler that runs your original handler under profile, and saves
the results.  There's an example with PSP here:
http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2005-November/019513.html

hth,
Colin