[mod_python] Wiki for mod_python. Contributors welcome.

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Tue Nov 28 06:12:21 EST 2006

On 28/11/2006, at 9:46 PM, Daniel Nogradi wrote:

>> > http://wiki.apache.org/mod_python/
>> > http://wiki.apache.org/mod_python/SampleCode
>> > http://wiki.apache.org/mod_python/GuessingGame
>>
>> Thanks for getting the ball rolling.
>
> Graham,
>
> How does the new wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/mod_python/) relate to
> the already present faq (http://modpython.org/FAQ/faqw.py)?
>
> Should the faq be transferred to the wiki? Should the faq be updated
> still or new stuff should go to the wiki? I'm just asking so that the
> fragmentation of mod_python resources can be avoided.

Our feeling has been that the contents of the FAQ should be
transferred to
the wiki with some items trimmed or cut and others expanded in the
process.
We have some issues to sort out before we go too far down that track
though
as the active developers on mod_python at the moment don't have access
to the main mod_python web site to be able to make changes to the
site to have
it refer to an alternate location such as the wiki for more
information. We have
been trying to sort through this issue and how to manage it but we
don't have a
solution at the moment. This is in part why we haven't jumped in and
done
too much on the wiki as we don't want to create the fragmentation
that you are
also worried about.