[mod_python] getting cookies from the response

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Fri Nov 17 04:21:11 EST 2006

On 17/11/2006, at 8:09 PM, Istvan De wrote:

> Hi!
>
> In my code, if I detect that a cookie is not set, I set it using
> Cookie.add_cookie().
>
> That is all well. However, if I read this cookie from the same request
> at which it was added, it is not available. I guess this is because
> the
> "cookie add" function puts the cookie into the reponse of the page,
> and
> the "cookie get" function only looks at the request to see what
> cookies
> are set.
>
> What is the solution to my problem?

Cookie.get_cookies() reads from req.headers_in. Cookie.add_cookie()
writes to req.headers_out. Thus, you can't read back what you only just
wrote.

Suggest you log using apache.log_error() the values of the input and
output headers to see what they are set to.

Note that Cookie.add_cookie() must be called prior to the first time
that
any actual content is written back as the response.