[mod_python] high memory consumption with multiple Python interpreters ?

Julien Cigar jcigar at ulb.ac.be
Thu Nov 16 07:47:24 EST 2006

Hello !

I'm using mod_python with several vhosts, so I have to use multiple
interpreters with the PythonInterpreter directive to avoid namespaces
conflicts.

If I understood well, every PythonInterpreter directive loads another
Python interpreter in *each* Apache process, so with 5 PythonInterpreter
directives it consumes 5 times more memory ? I wondered if this can lead
to an high memory consumption with a lot of vhosts (how "heavy" is a
Python interpreter ?) ?

Thansk,
Julien

--