[mod_python] whole site handlers and authentication

Richard Lewis richardlewis at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 09:39:53 EST 2006

On Tuesday 14 November 2006 14:17, Jorey Bump wrote:
> Richard Lewis wrote:
> > I plan to implement a URI-controlled API where all "commands" will begin
> > with "/edit/". And I want to provide authentication for these commands (I
> > have a MySQL user database). Because I have this "whole site" handler,
> > will it be possible to use standard authentication directives? And will
> > it be possible to use the Directory directive for "/edit/" requests, as I
> > don't have actual directories?
>
> Use Location, not Directory.

OK. But what I mean is, will it ever be able to use the Location directive? If
I have a Python handler processing /all/ requests under a VirtualHost I don't
think there are any circumstances under which Apache will even consider the
Location directive. Is that right?

And does anyone know if there are any tutorials on using HTTP authentication?
Particularly with mod_python?

Cheers,
Richard
--