[mod_python] mod_python application stoped serve pages

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Thu Nov 9 16:19:53 EST 2006

=?us-ascii?Q?viktor=20vraniak?= wrote ..
> hallo
>
> i am using mod_python 3.2.10 with apache 2.0.58. i am running one python
> application.
> i wrote  simple handler for it.
> everything working fine but today happend one thing which i cant understand
> where can be problem.
>
> my application suddenly stop responding.
> but it was only python application, php application on te same server still
> worked good.
>
> i try to stop start apache, but it didnot solve the problem.
> i try to reboot machine, and after reboot everything working fine as before.
>
> can it be a mod_python problem?
> can you advice me how can i diagnose where the problem occurs?

As Jim suggested, ensure you look in the Apache error log file for any hints
as to what happened.

One possibility if you are using sessions in your mod_python code is
that the operating system had some issue with how mod_python/Apache
is using semaphore locks across processes to control access to certain
stuff, for example the operating system ran out of resources.

Another possibility, again if using sessions is that your session database
in /tmp got corrupted in some way and was causing problems. A reboot
would have cleared what was in /tmp and resolved any issue automatically.

That is probably all I can think of without more information.