[mod_python] Restricted Mode

Dr R. Sanderson azaroth at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Nov 8 09:40:44 EST 2006

Hi all,

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:DffNofD9DXgJ:www.cardsnotwords.com/card.html%3Fc%3D192+-zope+RuntimeError:+function+attributes+not+accessible+in+restricted+mode&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=9

We use 4Suite for XSLT processing within mod_python, however when we
try to use functions within the stylesheets, it complains that python is
in restricted mode.

We're using Python 2.4.3 and mod_python 3.2.10, so it's not the previous
problem that was putting it into restricted mode fixed circa
Python 2.3/mod_python 3.1

It doesn't /always/ do this, it seems to flip into it sometimes.
Possibly when the httpd reloads, but we're not sure about that.
Given that, creating a minimal breaking script to demonstrate is quite
complicated.

Any help or suggestions appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob Sanderson