[mod_python] H-sphere and Mod_python

Wyatt Neal wyatt at hackerforhire.org
Sun Nov 5 11:36:55 EST 2006

Has anyone been able to get mod_python-2.7.11 to work with h-sphere's apache
1.3.37?  I've been having a devil of a time.  From the logs I can see that
mod_python is actually being loaded.

>From the httpd.conf:
#LoadModule scoreboard_send_module libexec/mod_scoreboard_send.so
#LoadModule extract_forwarded_module libexec/mod_extract_forwarded.so
#LoadModule gzip_module        libexec/mod_gzip.so
LoadModule perl_module        libexec/libperl.so
LoadModule python_module      libexec/mod_python.so
#AddModule mod_scoreboard_send.c
#AddModule mod_extract_forwarded.c
#AddModule mod_gzip.c
AddModule mod_perl.c
AddModule mod_python.c

>From the site specific configuration file:

<DIRECTORY /hsphere/local/home/htglimit/trac.htglimited.com>
AddHandler python-program .py
OPTIONS  Indexes ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
IndexOptions FancyIndexing

Using the test.py program that looks like this:

from mod_python import apache
def handler(req):
        req.content_type = "text/plain"
        req.write("Hello World!")
        return apache.OK

Permissions are correct, and yet every time, I get just the text back on the
screen.  Can anyone shed some light on this?