[mod_python] MySQL invalid pointer error

Richard Lewis richardlewis at fastmail.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 06:10:38 EST 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 10:06, Richard Lewis wrote:

> I'm doing some stuff with MySQL and mod_python and have been noticing some
> concerning entries in my Apache error log:
>
> *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0x0834241d ***
> [Wed Nov 01 18:43:20 2006] [notice] child pid 7637 exit signal Aborted (6)
>
> I /think/ they are coming from MySQL. Can anyone confirm this?

OK, I think this is actually a problem. I seem to get around 5 or 6 successful
requests from my mod_python app without these error messages. After that, my
browser says that the connection to localhost.localdomain is broken and the
server doesn't process any more of these requests (though it does seem to
continue serving non-database requests). Restarting Apache (not MySQL) solves
the problem.

Any ideas? Should I try sqlrelay?

Cheers,
Richard