[mod_python] Tiny patch for better apr_stat usage in sendfile

Sergey A. Lipnevich sergey at optimaltec.com
Tue May 30 22:33:35 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I'd like to offer the following patch for 3.2.8's sendfile function that
asks APR to provide less information about a file (which is beneficial
on Windows as APR doesn't have to construct POSIX protection flags),
because the only field in use becomes file size. Incidentally, it also
allows mod_python (plus Apache 2.2 patch) to work with the following
tweak for APR 1.2.7 (required for Subversion), under Windows and Apache
2.2.2: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.apr.devel/9389/.

I didn't test the patch on anything but Windows XP. The error I was
getting with the setup above was "Could not stat file for reading."
I also have to mention that the whole thing was compiled with VS 2005
compiler to support Python 2.4, although I think it's not relevant for
the patch attached.

I hope all this patch citing is not too confusing :-).
Thank you!

Sergey.