R: R: [mod_python] Servlet Loading problem 1 year later

Manera, Villiam vmanera at manord.com
Tue May 23 06:15:45 EDT 2006

I don't use apache.import_module() in any of my own modules.
The problem arise in developer (linux:RH3 EL mod_python 3.2.8)
And in the production          (linux:RH3 EL mod_python 3.1.5)

If I right understand the article only in mod_python 3.2.8 the new
module loding is in place.

Villiam

On 22/05/2006 at 22:56 Graham Dumpleton wrote:

>Please keep followups on list.

>You don't need to actually touch servlet.py to get problems if you
happen to be using "import" and "apache.import_module ()" on the same
module at different times. This is because of an issue in the mod_python
importer. See:

http://www.dscpl.com.au/articles/modpython-003.html#redundant-module-loa
ding

>Sorry for quick reply, in a rush. I'll try and comment later on the
whole issue of checking subclass types and caching.