[mod_python] namespace available to psp

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Thu May 18 12:08:22 EDT 2006

When using psp called from publisher, what is the namespace shared
between the instance of publisher and the called psp?

I modelled a test of the templating example from modpython.org.

I have a function call _any_page that is called to setup any/all
objects passed to a psp page.

in that function I have

vars = {"mytest": "this is  atest"}

then, in my psp page I have

<%= mytest %>

When run, ie. when called from the publisher script I get a Namerror
exception -- that mytest is not defined.

so then I tried

<%= locals() %> in the psp page and looked at the namespace. I didn't
see any of the vars defined in the publisher script.

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257