[mod_python] Simple Problem in using mod_python

Prashant Chari prashantchari at students.iiit.net
Tue May 16 13:44:33 EDT 2006

Hi,

 	I've just installed mod_python successfully, and seem to be having
some problems in getting it to work . I've followed the instructions on
the site but the code given in the 'Tutorial' section in the site does not
seem to do what it is suppossed to .Attached is the mpinfo file. I am
using the program 'mptest.py' given in 2.4 on the  site. The output when
i run a normal '.py' program in the browser is

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mptest.py"

Traceback (most recent call last):

   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
287, in HandlerDispatch
     log=debug)

   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mod_python/apache.py", line
461, in import_module
     f, p, d = imp.find_module(parts[i], path)

ImportError: No module named py