[mod_python] Re: sending headers directly to the client

Stefan Wehr mail at stefanwehr.de
Mon May 15 02:27:13 EDT 2006

Hi!

Mike Looijmans <nlv11281 at natlab.research.philips.com> wrote::

> First explain what is so special about your request that you cannot just
> send out regular data and have to delay sending the response headers?

Answering some of our requests can take up to 30 seconds. We often
have the problem that users are getting nervous, hit the 'Cancel'
button of their browser, and reload the page. Now our system tries to
answer two requests, which can lead to strange results: The database
transaction started by the first request wins over the database
transaction started by the second request, although the user
explicitly stopped the first request.

> Awaiting your reply - could a simple (periodic) redirect solve your problem?

How what such a redirect work?

Stefan