[mod_python] How to change charset on the Content-Type line throu mod_python.publisher

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs at ribosome.natur.cuni.cz
Fri May 12 15:06:21 EDT 2006

  I am trying to figure out how to affect my charset other than use
AddCharset Apache directive, which works over file extensions.
I don't think it makes sense to assign say 'utf8' to .html file extension.
When the HTML code is generated through mod_python.publisher, I should
be able to do it.
  The only examples how to alter Content-Type: is to use your own
handler. No, I don't need it, thanks. I'd immediately fall into the trap
with need to use 'req.write', 'return apache.OK', etc. somewhere in my

    Tuple. List of strings representing the content languages.

    The name of the handler currently being processed. This is the handler
    set by mod_mime, not the mod_python handler. In most cases it will be
    ""mod_python". (Read-Only)

    String. Content encoding. (Read-Only)

  I awfully lack examples in the documentation. So, how can I make publisher
change my charset away from the site-wide defined value? Please update the
docs. I very much appreciate the effort Graham and Nicolas does to support
this email list but save yourself some time and fix the docs for yourself! ;)