[mod_python] bbs written in python?

Daniel Nogradi nogradi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 20:39:53 EST 2006

Can this be possible that there is virtually no bulletin board / forum
software written in python other than the monsterous zope/plone/etc?
I've been searching for quite a while and only found requests,
questions and such on comp.lang.python but no definitive tip as to
what would be a 'standard', good, simple, flexible but scalable bbs
solution.

What I would like to have is a minimalistic version (like
www.minibb.net in PHP) with nothing more then the ability to have
several forums and threads inside the forums. No emoticons, instant
messaging, file upload, email, etc, etc, only posts. And the threads
can flow in a simple linear way. Authentication is irrelevant as I
would have to write that myself anyway. What is important though is
that it should be scalable and should not hang from around a hundred
hits per second.

And if it works with apache + mod_python, well, that would be the absolute best!

An illustration of what I have in mind is the forum on
forum.lighttpd.net but that is unfortunately written in Ruby.

Any ideas?