[mod_python] odd behaviour of the md5-module in modpy

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 11:54:11 EDT 2006

On 6/26/06, Nikolaus Schlemm <nikl at nikl.net> wrote:
> i'm using python 2.4.3-1ubuntu1 and libapache2-mod-python-3.1.4-0ubuntu1 on my
> ubuntu box and python 2.3.5-11 and libapache2-mod-python-3.2.8-1 on debian.

Wow, your MD5s definitely are messed up.  I don't off hand know what
could be causing it, your Python code looks fine to me.

But it is interesting that all the hex values are the same regardless
of the digest input.  I don't have an ubuntu or debian setup .... does
anybody else on the list have this same setup and can confirm this
behavior?

Is there a chance that perhaps some other module may be conflicting?
Try to also output this:

   import sys
   req.write( repr(sys.modules) )

BTW, what processors do your machines have?
--
Deron Meranda