[mod_python] Newbie - problem running mptest.py

Karl Kobata karl.kobata at syncira.com
Tue Jun 20 23:45:34 EDT 2006

Hi John,

In rhel3 the scripts executed are effectively the same.  The only difference
is that in /sbin/service fixes the path to a default.  In my case:
PATH="/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin"

Our users path declaration includes these, and more.

Also:
/sbin/service calls /etc/init.d/httpd which eventually called the binary at
/usr/sbin/httpd.
In my case, if I compare the two files, there is no difference.
diff /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd /etc/init.d/httpd

I hope this help.  I agree with others that there my be a conflict in
multiple versions of python installed on your system.

Thanks
karl