[mod_python] under names

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Fri Jun 16 13:04:55 EDT 2006

I know that using an underscore in an identifier 'hides' that name
from being accessible to a url. I am wondering if that applies to
identifiers that are imported as well.

For example if,

from mydefines import *

makes an identifier mydefines.myvariable available in the namespace as
'myvariable', is it still possible to 'call' myvariable via url as in

http://myserver/pythonapp.py/myvariable

I am starting to wonder about the best way to keep certain functions
and variables obaque to prying web eyes, and if putting them in
modules offers any protection.

--
David Bear
phone: 	480-965-8257