[mod_python] Re: Mike's psp upload

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Jun 14 19:12:44 EDT 2006

On 14/06/2006, at 11:01 PM, Jim Gallacher wrote:

> Apache gives your handler a pointer to the incoming file stream and
> it then becomes the responsibility of the handler to deal with it.
> If no handlers consume the stream it gets discarded (I assume).

Yes discarded, although that can entail still reading it from the
client socket
because of fact that HTTP 1.1 allows pipelining of requests and thus
there
may be a request following the data which has to be handled and Apache
has to be able to get to that. Thus for large content, Apache may
still have
to read it even if not used and therefore resources (time) will be
consumed in
doing so.