[mod_python] installation problems...

Jim Gallacher jpg at jgassociates.ca
Sun Jun 4 10:09:11 EDT 2006

Gonzalo Rojas wrote:
> Hi:
>
>   I have a PC with Windows XP Pro, Apache HTTP Server 2.2.2, Python 2.4
> (all runs ok)... I downloaded ModPython version 3.2.8
> (mod_python-3.2.8.win32-py2.4.exe file)... I installed ModPython
> following the instructions of chapter 2
> (http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html), but when I tried to
> restart Apache, appears the following error: "httpd.exe: Syntax error on
> line 107 of C:/Archivos de programa/Apache Software
> Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/mod_python.so into server: No se
> encontr\xf3 el proceso especificado"...
>
>   "no se encontro el proceso especificado" means "the specified process
> wasn't found"...
>
>   I review, and I have mod_python.so file in the C:/Archivos de
> programa/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/modules/ path...
>
>   Which could be the problem ?...

Nicolas had some good Windows tips a few months ago.

Quote:

"""
One of the possible cause of your problem is that Apache does find
mod_python.so but not one of the DLL it relies on. Unfortunately the
error reporting in this case is quite scarce and misguiding.

The candidates missing DLLs are python24.dll and the Microsoft Runtime
DLLS (normally msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll).

Make sure that your Python directory and the runtime DLLs can be found
on your PATH. The runtime DLLs are normaly copied in your Python
directory, so putting the Python directory on your PATH variable should
do the trick.

Also, make sure that the user which is running Apache has its PATH
variable properly set. The best way to do this is to define it at the
system-wide level, but logging it under the user and defining the
variable at the user level is also possible.
"""

Jim