[mod_python] Pipes and security

Richard Lewis richardlewis at fastmail.co.uk
Tue Jul 25 06:59:58 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 11:45, Richard Lewis wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 11:35, you wrote:
> > The problem is not related to the choice of technology. It is about
> > accepting data from the web and using it in an executable context.
>
> Ahh, I see. What I'm planning on doing is executing keyword searches using
> Swish-e and keywords supplied by an HTTP GET command.

Ooo! I've just found Python bindings to swish-e
<http://jibe.freeshell.org/bits/SwishE/> so I may be able to use those
instead. (I guess that would be faster than starting a new process as well.)
The developer does say that they're buggy, but I've just tried a simple
search and it worked alright.

Cheers,
Richard
--