[mod_python] SystemError: error return without exception set

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 00:34:51 EDT 2006

On 7/24/06, Antonis Christofides <anthony at itia.ntua.gr> wrote:
> I'm trying to run moinmoin on mod_python 2.7.10, python 2.3.5, apache
> 1.3.36, on a NetBSD.  I get the error on the subject when it's running
> the following code (in the line marked with "=>"):
>
>         sys.stderr.write(str(env)+"\n")
>         sys.stderr.write(env["HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE"]+"\n")
>         sys.stderr.write(self.http_accept_language+"\n")
>  =>     sys.stderr.write(env.get('HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE',self.http_accept_language))

It looks like the code you have is written to be running under
a CGI (or WSGI) interface between MoinMoin and Apache;
rather than mod_python.  The mod_python interface is quite
a bit different: you communicate with Apache via objects
rather than writing to sys.stderr or reading values from the
environment dictionary.

Be sure to read the MoinMoin with mod_python instruction
page at,

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnInstalling/ApacheWithModPython
--
Deron Meranda