[mod_python] modpython, mysqldb best paractice

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 17:04:58 EDT 2006

On 7/19/06, Jim Gallacher <jpg at jgassociates.ca> wrote:
> CentOS kernel issues resulting in similar problem (but not just mysql):
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1174

Ah, I did not know about that one.  From reading it, this sounds
almost exactly like the problem Martijn is probably experiencing.
I doubt mod_python memory leaks would exhibit the same type
of behavior Martijn describes.  This is why I suggested
monitoring with vmstat...if this is the problem it should show up
quite obviously.  (Of course I don't know what kernel Martijn
is running at this point in the thread)

BTW, I'm also running everything under CentOS 4 as well
(with the 2.6.9-34.0.1.ELsmp kernel), but have not seen any
problems at all.  But then I'm in IA32, and not IA64, which is
what this bug report as well as Martjin are running.  So it looks
like a possible bad Linux kernel for 64-bit.

Martijn, can you provide your kernel version, etc.?

Good news is that a new fixed kernel is apparently on the way.
--
Deron Meranda