[mod_python] modpython, mysqldb best paractice

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Wed Jul 19 07:07:37 EDT 2006

On 19/07/2006, at 7:41 PM, Martijn Moeling wrote:

> First of all I am confused about PythonInterPerDirectory and
> PythonInterpPerDirectory
> In the way I use modpython.

Do you mean PythonInterpPerDirectory and PythonInterpPerDirective?
your mail doesn't indicate in what way you are confused about them.

Note there are bugs in current versions of mod_python related to both
of these
directives and I personally wouldn't generally recommend they be used
Is there a specific reason you might be using them rather than being
specific and using PythonInterpreter instead?
> Also I do not understand the req.register_cleanup() method, what is
> cleaned up and what not?
What is cleaned up is dependent on what the function you register to
be called
does. Ie., up to you what is done. What the cleanup phase does is
simply give
you the opportunity to do some work after all other phases have been

If you don't understand the different phases that a request goes
through, you
might want to read:

This from a book about writing modules for Apache in Perl and C.
There is lots
of other stuff there about how Apache works as well.